Thursday, March 14

A Little Better



20th Chisleu
December 16th
Dear Diary;
Abigail edged over to me later this evening while her husband was involved in a heated discussion about politics with some of the other men. Abigail clasped my hand, and confided that she was certain I was carrying the Christ Child but had been afraid to tell me earlier. I am consoled, but still had to fight the temptation not to be hurt that she had not stood by me earlier, if she truly believed. I hope she will be my dear friend once again when we return to Nazareth!
As she turned to walk away I saw her thickly fringed eyes were sad in her small, pale, face, and I couldn't hold it against her for shunning me. Would I have done any better if rumours had spread about her while she was betrothed?
Yosef is heading my way now. I am sure my peace—loving husband wearies of all the angry critics of the Romans.
As the sun was setting, Yosef and I had an inspiring visit about the coming of the Mashiach, and our great El’ Elohim.
He is such a deep thinker, and studies the Torah diligently, so I am able to ask him many questions. His answers are so beneficial to me.
After awhile we started singing the eighth Psalm. It starts like this: Oh El’ Elohim how excellent is your name in all the earth! Who has set your glory above the heavens? A little later it mentions considering the heavens, the work of His fingers, and the moon, and the stars which He has made. Yosef told me that the stars are foretelling the Christ Child’s birth, but that is too much for me to comprehend!
It is a beautiful starry night, and our hearts are lifted up in praise to the great El’ Elohim! Some of the other pilgrims joined us in singing. It was banoah. People are friendlier now that we are on the road. Alleluia El ohim Yisrael!
I had better roll up my little scroll, and carefully tuck it back into its leather case for it is time to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment