Tuesday, December 18

Oh, Mary, What Will Happen to You?


The Virgin Mary has been visited by an angel but how is life treating her since then? By the way I discovered this review online. Was I ever surprised and thrilled. I wish they would have put their name on it so I coud thank him or her properly.

29 Nissan
April 21

Dear Diary;
           With tears in my eyes, I must admit this has been a low time
for me. My feeling of dwelling in heavenly places has faded to
a rather forlorn memory, and I am not well! After scattering a
few kernels of corn to our flock of chickens, I crept behind the
goat-shed to be sick. It did not relieve the queasiness much.
           Four Shabbats have passed since the Shining One paid
me a visit. Nay, it is already six weeks. I am feeling so ill. I
thought I had been able to conceal my queasiness fairly well,
but Imma has noticed me merely picking at my food for the
last several days. Knowing my mother the way I do, I am not
at all surprised that she was concerned. She shooed the little
ones, Dorcas, and Naomi, off to play, and sent Hana on an
errand. Then we had the heart to heart talk I had been longing
for. She is just the kind of mother who takes to heart anything
that affects the lives of her loved ones and wants to help them.
At first, Imma was amazed when I told her I was with Child by
HaShem. Nay, astounded would be more the correct word. As
I unfolded the narrative, and she plied me with questions, her
amazement turned to delight, then holy wonder.
            “Oh Mary’am, Mary’am,” she breathed. “How is it that
El Shaddai has considered our family worthy of such a high
honour?” I think she marvelled more at the fact I had seen an
angel than anything, at first, and questioned me much about
how the Heavenly Being looked. Then she grew quiet and
thoughtful as the reality of my condition began to sink in.
            “The Mother of the Mashiach,” she murmured in a hushed
voice. “Your father and I have sometimes discussed it, and in
our longing hoped it would come in our generation. But to
us! How can it be that Yahweh would choose us, and Nazareth
would seem like such an unworthy town,”—she gestured
with her hands, and shrugged; “With all that high taxation
going on, so many from here have left off making an honest living,
and have taken up banditry in order to put a morsel of food in their
children’s mouths.  Yet you are a virgin even as HaShem commanded!”
She fell silent, and straightened the tassels on the prayer shawl she was
embroidering with the Star of David. When she looked up to meet my gaze,
I saw that her gentle brown eyes were troubled.
            “Oh Mary’am, we had never considered the
implications, before . . .”
To find out more check out this site.


not as illustrated

No comments:

Post a Comment