Tuesday, December 24

Part of the First Christmas Story An Angel Spoke to Me!

Then in angelic tones the angel spoke to me!
Can you believe it! He told me I was highly favored. Me! my hand fluttered to my breast and I uttered a little gasp. He told me I would be blessed above all women! I had been gazing rapturously at him, but these words made me feel uneasy. How could someone such as I be highly favored? Surely my thoughts had become too lofty and El'Elohim, the Holy One was about to rebuke me. He knows how deeply I have longed to mother His son. Perhaps that was rash and foolish for a talitha, girl, as lowly as I.

"Fear not, Mary'am," he said gently"for you have found favour with God."

My hand pressed against my throat. "Me?" I breathed. He nodded, and not only his face, but his whole being glowed with a radiance that could only be described as celestial. Although I was in the presence of one of the angels of El Shaddai, for some reason I felt serene and more composed than I have ever felt before. It is almost as if I had been lifted to a holier plane. The cares and burdens of life slipped away as if I had shed them like a waterfowl sheds water. After a momentous pause, he continued;

"Listen, you are going to conceive and give birth to a Son, and shall call His name Yeshua, Jesus. He shall be great and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David. He shall rule over the house of Yaakov, Jacob, forever, and of His kingdom there shall be no end.

"Excuse me, sir," I raised my eyes shyly to meet his gaze. "How can this be since I am a virgin and know not a man?"

"The Holy Ghost shall come upon you and the power of the Highest shall overshadow you: therefore that holy thing that shall be born of you shall be calledthe son of El Shaddai.


A tremble shook my body at these glorious words, and I think my face must have gone ashen. It was more than I could comprehend. That was such a lofty calling! It was my heart's desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment