Thursday, May 30

Feeding the Little Folk

Listen, I don't even pretend to have a corner on the history of Jesus as a child. This is pure imagination.

The life of Jesus through His Mother's eyes,

Dear Diary,
  H'm. It's pretty quiet around here. I wonder what the boys are up to. I finished making the soup for dinner, checked to see if baby Lydia was still asleep then wandered outdoors. James was close by. He called to me and I duly admired what he was building in the sand pile with scraps of lumber from the carpenter's shop.
"Where's Yeshua, (Jesus), "I soon asked.
"He went to yonder woods to feed the little folk, " James solemnly replied as he stuck a row of sticks in the ground.
What a perfect day to be out of doors. I walked eagerly down the path to 'yonder' woods. Since no one was around I
took the liberty to remove my shawl and drape it over my arm. The breeze felt good as it lifted and played with my long, dark cascading hair. Soon I heard the lilting, childlike voice of my small Son. Stepping softly lest I would accidently snap a twig and send his little friends scurrying away, I crept in closer.
"Don't be so greedy, bar Crow. I want wee Sparrow to get some, also. You are scaring her away! Oh, Shalom little starling. Would you like some to? One, two, three, four, five, Which ones are missing?Oh,Shalom bar Tamarin. I see you brought your wife along to day." He grinned widely as the little monkey scampered up a tree  just above his head and swung on the branch until the leaves brushed against Yeshua's hair I watched as my son stretched his arm out and scratched on the dirt to invite a shy mole to come in
closer. I beamed with joy as all the fluttering, scurrying creatures crowded around him. I hadn't ever guessed that there were so many just a stones throw from the edge of our land. He picked them up one by one and caressed them, and I got a lump in my throat that they would trust Him so. Pretty soon I saw the yellow eyes of a fox gleaming in the greenery.  Oh, oh, here comes, trouble. 
"Oh, Shalom, Mama. Fox. You are welcome to join us if you behave yourself. You will behave yourself, won't you?"
I was amazed to see the fox look down as if ashamed of herself, or maybe embarrassed, then sidle in closer, but was not amazed that the little folk all scattered until Yeshua gently coaxed them to return.
As Yeshua handed out bread crumbs I understood why we had always been so short of bread lately. Oh, well it would be no problem to bake little extra for his little companions from now on.I
"Yeshua, ""I called softly, "It is getting late, and we need to eat. You will come with me, now, yes?"
My son instantly got up and brushed the crumbs off his garments. He slipped his little hand in mine and chattered happily as we returned to the house.
But I, as His mother, kept 'all these things' and pondered them in my heart.
Shalom til next time.
The book Mary's Diary, the Life of Jesus through His Mother's Eyes is available @http//:www.bookstoreiuniverse.com



















No comments:

Post a Comment